The Abyssinian Cat is considered to be one of the oldest domestic cat breed. It is well-known for its graceful lithe body, shimmering coat, and intelligent eyes. The Abyssinian cat is a highly energetic breed always in motion and pursuit of higher places to climb. These traits make this breed a perfect companion for people who have enough time to indulge in daily play sessions. The Aby likes to be the center of everyone’s attention and is completely devoted to its owner. However, its restless nature prevents it from being a lap cat. The Abyssinian breed is known to have a few health problems. But with proper care, it can live over 15 years. Abyssinian is a social and playful breed that gets along with everyone and develops a dog-like attachment to its owner.
TICA and other cat associations and has full championship status.
Thanks to its restless nature and endless curiosity the Abyssinian can spend hours exploring every nook and cranny in a home in order to stay entertained. This is a highly energetic breed, known for its love of heights, jumping and mischievous behavior. Hence it is advisable for an owner to provide perches and climbing surfaces, and Go Pet Club 72” Tall Cat Tree has everything that will keep an Aby happy and content. This is a playful and social breed that likes to interact with people and other pets. It will be persistent in her efforts to find company. On the other hand, Abyssinian is an attention seeking cat. It likes to be in the spotlight and won’t allow anyone take the star status away from it. If provided with enough toys, and environment enrichments the Aby can spend some time alone. Still they prefer having company all the time. puzzle toys, feather teasers, perching surfaces and obstacle courses for cats.
- Periodontal disease: This is a progressive disease of the gums caused by poor dental hygiene and development of plaque and tartar.
- Dilated cardiomyopathy: This is a condition that affects the ventricle muscle. It reduces its ability to push the blood from the ventricle causing a strain to the heart. This condition usually affects cats older than 10 years and may result in heart failure.
- Psychogenic Alopecia: This is a condition that causes a cat to groom excessively to relieve stress. As it progresses, the grooming evolves into an obsessive behavior that can cause problems.
- Renal Amyloidosis: This is a serious condition in which an amyloid protein is deposited in kidneys. It causes kidney failure. If left untreated other organs like the spleen, liver, and pancreas are affected too.
Self Cleaning Slicker Brush from Hertzko will do the job. Brushing the cat will remove dead skin cells and loose hair. It will also help distribute skin oils through the length of each hair and keep the coat silky and shiny. During the shedding season, you can bathe the Aby. It will help loosen the dead hair and keep it clean if need be. You should introduce bathing routine from a young age to give your cat time to get used to it. agouti effect. This breed can come in variety of colors, however TICA recognizes only four main colors as championship worthy. The championship-qualified colors include:
- Rudy, known as “Usual”.
- Sorrel (cinnamon or red) and